Reindeer Sledding Daytime - Incl. Transport
Join us for an authentic experience at our wilderness center, Camp Tamok. For this tour you will be picked up from the city center of Tromsø, from where you will be taken to Camp Tamok, a 90-minute scenic bus drive away.
Upon arrival, we will first provide warm winter clothes and other required gear for this reindeer sledding activity. As our reindeer herd is some distance away from our barking huskies, this activity will start with a short transfer by minibus. This fascinating cultural adventure includes reindeer sledding, an introduction to lasso throwing, storytelling about the Sami culture and feeding the reindeer. There are about 5-6 reindeer in the camp.
After this memorable encounter with the indigenous Sami people, you will return to Camp Tamok where we will serve you a hot meal around an open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent. After relaxing and warming up, it is time to board the bus and head back to the city center of Tromsø.
- Age limit 4 years
Food and beverages
- Complimentary traditional Norwegian soup/stew (vegetables with meat or fish).
- We serve bread, coffee, tea and water with the meal.
- Please advise us during your booking of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- If no notice is given in advance, an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
Physical difficulty level: Very Easy
Included in the tour
- Transfer by bus from and back to Tromsø
- English-speaking guide
- Reindeer sledding and feeding
- Thermal suit, boots, mittens, hat
- Hot meal (warm stew) and hot drinks
What to bring
- Dressing in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather.
- Bringing a scarf in cold weather.
Transfer by bus: 90 minutes (1,5 hours)
At Camp Tamok: 4 hours (Gear up, 2 hours at the Sami Camp/ reindeer sledding, free time and lunch)
Transfer by bus: 90minutes (1,5 hours)
Meeting Time and Place: 08:45 at Samuel Arnesens gate 7, 9008 Tromsø
Total Duration: 09:00 – 16:00 (7 hours)
When can I book it?
Show 96 more occasions (of 114)
- Suitable for children and families
- Warm shoes included
- Bus (up to 50 persons)
- Warm clothing included
- Light meal included
- 5-8 hours
Price from : 1945 NOK per person
- LOW SEASON RATES (15.11.2023 - 01.12.2023):
- Adults NOK 1945
- Children (4-11) NOK 973
- SHOULDER SEASON RATES (02.12.2023 - 20.12.2023, 08.01.2024 - 31.01.2024 and 01.03.2024 - 31.03.2024):
- Adults NOK 2245
- Children (4-11) NOK 1123
- HIGH SEASON RATES (21.12.2023 - 07.01.2024 and 01.02.2024 - 29.02.2024):
- Adults NOK 2490
- Children (4-11) NOK 1245