Snowshoeing, Ice Domes & Reindeer Visit - Incl. Transport
For this combination tour, you will be picked up from the city center of Tromsø, from where you will be taken to our wilderness center in Camp Tamok, a 90-minute scenic bus drive away.
At Camp Tamok, you will first set off on your snowshoe adventure. We will provide you with warm winter clothing and the required equipment for the hike. For anyone who’s up for an extra challenge, there’s deep snow paths to make the trekking more demanding.
Along the way, we will also teach you some good ice-cold arctic wilderness survival skills: how to sleep outdoors, what to eat and how to find your way home. Our destination is a nature camp where the guide will continue teaching you how to chop wood and start a fire. They will then cook a delicious lunch while you rest.
Once you are done with your snowshoeing tour, your next excursion will be a guided visit to the majestic Tromsø Ice Domes. Here you will learn about the construction process of the domes and the impact the snow has for all life in the Arctic and have a non-alcoholic ice shot at the ice bar.
As part of this combination tour, there will be some free time to walk around by yourself and visit the reindeer that are herding next to the Ice Domes. Eventually, your daytime adventure will come to an end and it will be time to board the bus back to Tromsø city center.
- This tour does not include reindeer sledding, Sami Culture or feeding the reindeer.
- We maintain a temperature of minus 5 ˚C inside Tromsø Ice Domes: we advise dressing warm and in layers.
- Since taking care of the environment is something we focus on at Camp Tamok: we will pick up what does not belong in nature and bring back with us to the camp to recycle.
- There are 5-6 reindeer near the camp.
- Minimum age is 7 years
- When making a booking for a child, please kindly always inform us of the age, as our guides will then be able to prepare accordingly.
- Please note that each child must be accompanied by an adult.
What to bring
- Dress in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather.
- Scarf in cold weather.
Food and beverages
- During the tour you will be served grilled sausages cooked over an open fire.
- We will serve coffee, tea and water with the meal.
- At the Ice Domes you'll be served a non-alcoholic complimentary welcome drink made from local berries
- Alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase at the Tromsø Ice Domes.
- Please advise us during your booking of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- If no notice is given in advance, an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
- Physical difficulty level: Medium. You must be in good physical condition to walk for a longer time on snowshoes through a challenging terrain. Please let us know of any physical conditions that we should be aware of when preparing for the tour.
Included in the tour
- Transfer by bus from and back to Tromsø
- English-speaking guide
- Winter overall suit, boots, mittens, hat
- Snowshoes and poles
- Lunch cooked outside (if bad weather lunch will be prepared indoor in a heated lavvu instead)
- Entrance and guided tour to Tromsø Ice Domes
- Short movie at the ice-cinema
- Non-alcoholic ice-shot
- Transfer by bus: 90 min (1,5 hours)
- At Camp Tamok: 4 hours (Gear up, 2,5 hours snowshoeing and outdoor meal, free time)
- At Tromsø Ice Domes: 1 hour (guided tour + free time)
- Transfer by bus: 90min (1,5 hours)
Meeting Time and Place: 08:45 Samuel Arnesens gate 7, 9008 Tromsø
Total Duration: 09:00 – 17:00 (8 hours)
When can I book it?
Show 96 more occasions (of 103)
- Suitable for children and families
- Warm shoes included
- Warm clothing included
- Light meal included
- 5-8 hours
Price from : 1945 NOK per person
- SHOULDER SEASON RATES (01.12.2023 – 20.12.2023, 08.01.2024 - 31.01.2024 and 01.03.2024 - 31.03.2024):
- Adults NOK 1945
- Children (7-11) NOK 895
- HIGH SEASON RATES (21.12.2023 - 07.01.2024 and 01.02.2024 - 29.02.2024):
- Adults NOK 2090
- Children (7-11) NOK 1045