Snowmobiling Evening - Incl. Transport
Experience the spectacular fun at our wilderness center, Camp Tamok. For this tour you will be picked up from the city center in Tromsø, from where you will be taken to Camp Tamok, a 90-minute scenic bus drive away.
Upon arrival, you will be provided with warm clothes and other required gear for this snowmobiling activity. After this, we will go through the safety instructions and give you a practical demonstration on how to drive your own snowmobile. You will drive in pairs, one driver and one passenger, on each snowmobile with the opportunity to switch places during the trip.
After driving back down the trail and parking the snowmobiles, we will serve you a hot meal in a traditional North Norwegian setting around the open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent. During peak season, we might split the group to avoid large groups. Half of the group will start with the hot meal in the traditional North Norwegian setting before heading out to the mountains on the snowmobiles.
After relaxing and warming up, it is time to head back to Tromsø and tick another adventure off your bucket list!
- Due to the dramatic topography, a reduced speed is maintained during some parts of the tour.
- This tour is not focused on chasing the Northern Lights, but it offers a great chance of witnessing this natural phenomenon.
- The duration of the snowmobiling activity (the time you will spend on the tracks, driving the snowmobile) can differ day to day, depending on snow and weather conditions.
- Self liability can be reduced to NOK 0 by paying waiver supplement NOK 300 per (snowmobile) safari driver upon booking.
- You need to be minimum 18 years old and hold a valid driver's license to operate a snowmobile.
- Passengers needs to be minimum 7 years old.
- Each child must be accompanied by an adult. Drivers and passengers must be minimum 130cm in height to meet the safety requirements.
- Self liability can be reduced to NOK 1000 by paying waiver supplement NOK 300 per (snowmobile) safari driver upon booking.
Included in the tour
- Transfer by bus from and back to Tromsø
- English speaking guide
- Thermal suit, boots, mittens, balaclava and helmet
- Full meal (warm stew) and hot drinks
- Traffic insurance (maximum personal liability NOK 6000,-)
What to bring
- Valid driver’s license
- Dressing in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather.
- Bringing a scarf in cold weather.
Food and beverages
Complimentary traditional Norwegian soup/stew (vegetables with meat or fish).
We serve bread, coffee, tea and water with the meal.
- Please advise us during your booking of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- If no notice is given in advance, an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
Physical difficulty level: Medium. Please inform us of any physical conditions that we should be aware of when preparing for the tour.
Meeting Time and Place: 16:45 Samuel Arnesens gate 7, 9008 Tromsø
Total Duration: 17:00 – 24:00 (7 hours)
Guests under 18 and guests without a valid driving licence are not allowed to drive.
When can I book it?
Show 40 more occasions (of 46)