Reindeer Sledding Daytime - Excl. Transport
Note: This option does not include bus transportation. Please arrive at Camp Tamok, 15 minutes prior to the start of the activity.
Upon arrival at Camp Tamok, we will first provide warm winter clothes and other required gear for this reindeer sledding activity. As our reindeer herd is some distance away from our barking huskies, this activity will start with a short transfer by minibus. This fascinating cultural adventure includes reindeer sledding, an introduction to lasso throwing, storytelling about the Sami culture and feeding the reindeer.
There are about 5-6 reindeer in the camp.
After this memorable encounter with the indigenous Sami people, you will return to Camp Tamok where we will serve you a hot meal around an open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent. After relaxing and warming up, your adventure at Camp Tamok has come to an end.
Age limit 4 years
Food and beverages
- Traditional Norwegian soup/stew (vegetables with meat or fish).
- We serve bread, coffee, tea and water with the meal.
- Please advise us during your booking of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- If no notice is given in advance, an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
Physical difficulty level: Very Easy
Included in the tour:
- Parking at Camp Tamok
- English-speaking guide
- Reindeer sledding and feeding
- Winter overall suit, boots, mittens, hat
- Hot meal (warm stew) and hot drinks
What to bring:
- Dressing in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather.
Meeting Time and Place: 10:15 at Camp Tamok, Tamokveien 1374, 9334 Øverbygd
Total Duration: 10:30 – 14:30 (4 hours)
When can I book it?
Show 96 more occasions (of 114)
- Suitable for children and families
- Warm shoes included
- Warm clothing included
- Light meal included
- 3-5 hours
Price from : 1711 NOK per person
- LOW SEASON RATES (15.11.2023 - 01.12.2023):
- Adults NOK 1711
- Children (4-11) NOK 856
- SHOULDER SEASON RATES (02.12.2023 - 20.12.2023, 08.01.2024 - 31.01.2024 and 01.03.2024 - 31.03.2024):
- Adults NOK 2011
- Children (4-11) NOK 1006
- HIGH SEASON RATES (21.12.2023 - 07.01.2024 and 01.02.2024 - 29.02.2024):
- Adults NOK 2256
- Children (4-11) NOK 1128