Northern Lights Visit - Excl. Transport
Note: This option does not include bus transportation. Please arrive at Camp Tamok, 15 minutes prior to the start of the activity.
Camp Tamok is far removed from the bright city lights and situated in a drier climate zone with clear inland mountain weather. This dry climate generates many cloud-free night skies in winter (as well as during summer).
Upon arrival, we will provide you with warm winter clothing and give a presentation about the Aurora Borealis and how to photograph it. Depending on the weather conditions, we will take you to different locations around the camp (by foot) from where the northern lights can be observed. When it is time to warm up, we will serve a hot meal inside around the open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent.
After relaxing and warming up, your evening at Camp Tamok has come to an end.
- Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and we cannot guarantee if / when and in what strength they will show on the evening of your tour.
- Optional to bring your own camera gear (camera and tripod): our guides will be happy to assist you with photographing the northern lights, if they appear.
- Age limit 4 years
What to bring
- Dressing in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather.
- Bringing a scarf in cold weather.
Food and beverages
- Complimentary traditional Norwegian soup/stew (vegetables with meat or fish).
- We serve bread, coffee, tea and water with the meal.
- Please advise us during your booking of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- If no notice is given in advance, an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
Physical difficulty level: Easy
Included in the tour:
- Parking at Camp Tamok
- English-speaking guide
- Thermal suit, boots, mittens and hat
- Meal (warm stew) and hot drinks
- At Camp Tamok: 4 hours
Meeting Time and Place: 18:15 at Camp Tamok, Tamokveien 1374, 9334 Øverbygd
Total Duration: 18:30 – 22:30 (4 hours)
When can I book it?
Show 33 more occasions (of 39)