Dog Sledding Daytime - Excl. Transport
Note: This option does not include bus transportation. Please arrive at Camp Tamok, 15 minutes prior to the start of the activity.
Upon arrival at the camp, we will provide warm winter clothes and other required gear. Our guides will give thorough safety instructions and a practical demonstration on how to steer your own sled.
Dog sledding with Alaskan huskies is an active experience. Each dog sled will have two people sharing a husky team. One is the “musher” (driver) while the other can sit back and enjoy the ride.
The dogs are well-trained and love to run, but as teamwork is very important with dog sledding, there will be parts on the trip where you will have to help and push the sled together with your dog team.
Along the way, you will get the chance to switch places, so both of you get a chance to be the driver and/or relax on the sled. Depending on snow conditions, we will spend up to 1 hour 30 minutes to complete it. After the tour we will serve a hot meal around the open fire in a traditional reindeer herder’s tent.
After relaxing and warming up, your adventure at Camp Tamok has come to an end.
- To drive your own dogsled requires strength and fitness and a good physical condition is necessary to participate: Some parts of the trail can be covered with a fresh layer of snow or go uphill which means in both cases you will have to help the dogs to push the sled. The trail can be narrow and have sharp bends, which requires a good balance to steer the sled. Since you will be sharing the sled with another person it is required for both of you to meet these requirements when swapping places half way the tour.
- Our guides are entitled to deny passengers to join this tour out of health and safety reasons.
Physical difficulty level: Hard.
- Minimum age: 7 years old.
- When making a booking for a child, please kindly always inform us of the age, as our guides will then be able to prepare accordingly.
- Please note that each child must be accompanied by an adult
- Pregnant people are not allowed to participate in this tour.
Food and beverages
- Traditional Norwegian soup/stew (vegetables with meat or fish).
- We serve bread, coffee, tea and water with the meal.
- Please advise us during your booking of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- If no notice is given in advance, an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
Included in the tour
- Parking at Camp Tamok
- English-speaking guide
- Winter overall suit, boots, mittens, hat
- Hot meal (warm stew) and hot drinks
- Self-drive dog sledding
What to bring
- Dressing in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather.
- Bringing a scarf in cold weather.
Meeting Time and Place: 10:15 at Camp Tamok, Tamokveien 1374, 9334 Øverbygd
Total Duration: 10:30 – 14:30 (4 hours)
When can I book it?
Show 40 more occasions (of 46)