Arctic Summer Food Tour by Minibus
Meeting time and place: 10.15 (am) at Radisson BLU Hotel
NB: PLEASE CHECK-IN AT OUR HOSPITALITY DESK AT RADISSON BLU HOTEL
We leave downtown Tromsø at 10:30 and drive you to the stunning Malangen peninsula, a 45-minute drive from Tromsø, with a dramatic view of the surrounding mountains. During this trip, your guide will tell you about the traditions of hunting, fishing, growing, and harvesting food, from 9000 BC up to the present day.
There is a high focus on local food tasting, immersing in local life, stories, and getting out into the rural areas of the Tromsø region. This is an ideal experience for precious moments filled with rich experiences while enjoying time together in an unconventional way. You can go on a short walk in the area and be outside to enjoy the scenery. Relax.
This is a tour for the whole family, and you will get the opportunity to ask questions, take photos and stretch your legs in this amazing Arctic environment that we love so much.
About our chef Tove: During spring and summer, Tove is busy planting, caring for and harvesting her flowers and herbs. Many spices used in her kitchen come from her own garden. This locally owned company was established in 1994 on the land that has been in the family for more than 150 years. They focus on organic and fresh cuisine.
Included in this adventure:
- Scenic tour by comfortable minibus
- Experienced local guide
- Local product tasting, including Mjöd tasting (Viking honey licor)
- Locally produced lunch, with flowers harvested from her own garden
- Hot and cold drinks
- Short walk - Toilet facilities
- Scenery and portrait photos
- Stories, facts and humour about the history and present-day traditions
- Part of the ticket price goes to the local places you visit and people you meet
When can I book it?
Show 58 more occasions (of 62)